Cookies and Cream White Chocolates for Valentine's Day
#Miniboss and I both love white chocolate, so we decided to make cookies and cream filled white chocolates to give away for Valentine's Day. The whole process is pretty simple (yes!), and takes just 15 minutes of active time. The rest of the time (about 30 minutes) is spent letting each layer set in the fridge.
The number of chocolates you make will depend on the mold you buy and how many cavities are inside. Our mold makes 12 medium-sized chocolates, so our recipe reflects that number.
SERVINGS: Will vary depending on molds (see above).
ACTIVE TIME: 15 minutes
SETTING TIME: 30 minutes
- Approx. 14 ounces of white chocolate melting wafers
- 1 tablespoon crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- Medium glass bowl
- Sauce pot
- Silicone candy mold
- Rubber spatula
- Pastry brush
1. Make sure that all tools (bowl, spatula, mold) are completely dry at all times. The chocolate will not melt properly if it comes in contact with water.
2. Pour wafers (3-4 oz) into the glass bowl over a pot of gently boiling water. Note: You can also melt wafers in the microwave. Directions will vary based on wafers and molds, so read carefully!
3. Use spatula to stir wafers until just melted.
4. Coat each cavity of the mold with a thin layer of melted chocolate.
5. Place filled mold in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
6. Repeat Steps 2-5 with a second layer. Ensure that all spaces in the first layer of chocolate are filled in.
7. While the second layer is setting, melt 3 oz. of wafers.
8. Add Oreo crumbles and heavy cream and mix until it forms a paste.
9. Fill each chocolate with the filling, 3/4 to the top.
10. Repeat steps 2-5 with the final layer of chocolate. Be sure to add enough to completely cover the filling. Don't worry if this layer spills over the sides a bit (see below).
11. Once chocolates are fully set, pop them out of the mold. Use a small knife to shave off any excess chocolate around the sides.
Copyright 2018, Chow Baby! a delicious division of BambiniWare, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hey Haute Mamas! I'm Riche Holmes Grant, a modern mom + mompreneur who designs smart + stylish products that make your mommy gig easier.
When I'm not busy taking orders from my #miniboss, I'm contributing to MarthaStewart.com or in the kitchen whipping up delicious family-friendly creations in my BambiniWare Apronini.
Get my FREE book on How to Make the Best Food for Your Baby here!
I live in the Washington, DC area with my husband and daughter. Follow our adventures on Instagram via @BambiniWareLife!
- Riche Holmes Grant