DIY Guacamole Bar (Toddler Chef-Friendly)
To create your own DIY guacamole bar, start with the basics: ripe avocados, limes and salt and pepper. I generally allot 1 avocado per person.
Next, prepare a variety of mix-ins (see our list below for inspiration), and place them in individual bowls. The rest is just improvisation mix-and-mash. No measurements, no stress. Everyone gets to add little (or a lot) of their faves, mix and mash away!
My favorite combo: Mango-Shrimp-Onion-Cilantro-Queso Fresco Guacamole
RECOMMENDED AGES: 12+ months. Click here to download our easy baby food reference chart to keep track of what foods you can introduce to your baby and when.
SUGGESTED PAIRING: Make while your little one is wearing the Burpa Bib in Lime Time
OUR FAVORITE MIX-INS:
- Chopped cooked shrimp (I lightly season fresh shrimp with the tequila lime blend from Whole Foods and then sauté in olive oil)
- Black beans (cooked and drained)
- Chopped mangos
- Chopped red onions
- Grilled corn
- Diced fire-roasted tomatoes (canned)
- Cotija cheese or queso fresco
- Chopped cilantro
Others on our list to try:
- Bell Peppers
- Pico de gallo
1. In a medium bowl, add avocados and selected mix-ins (start with less than you think you want, and you can always add more after you taste it).
2. Squeeze fresh lime juice throughout the mixture.
3. Mix well, and mash ingredients together using a masher or mortar and pestle.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Share if you dare or keep your lovely concoction all to yourself!
Hey Haute Mamas! I'm Riche Holmes Grant, a modern mom + mompreneur who designs smart + stylish products that make your mommy gig easier.
When I'm not busy taking orders from my toddler boss, I'm contributing to MarthaStewart.com or in the kitchen whipping up delicious baby + toddler gourmet creations in my BambiniWare Apronini.
Get my FREE book on How to Make the Best Food for Your Baby here!
I live in the Washington, DC area with my husband and daughter. Follow our adventures on Instagram via @BambiniWare!
- Riche Holmes Grant