Easy Mango Guacamole Recipe (Toddler Chef-Friendly)
Toddler boss loves this mango "guac-mo-leee" (yes, definitely without the "a") that I make for her, so last week I taught her and the tiny chefs how to make it too. At their age, they don't need all of the bells and whistles that you find in traditional guacamole recipes, which makes this super easy to make. Just a few simple flavors that happen to go really well together and it's all G-O-O-D (we're practicing letters a lot these days:-).
RECOMMENDED AGES: 12+ months. Click here to download our easy baby food reference chart to keep track of what foods you can introduce to your baby and when. NOTE: If your little one is not quite ready for chunky foods, just mash the avocado, add mango puree and skip the onion, lime juice and seasonings for a delish Stage 1 variation.
SUGGESTED PAIRING: Serve while your little one is wearing the Burpa Bib in Polka Party.
PREP TIME: 10 mins
ACTIVE TIME: 5 mins
- 4 ripe medium Haas avocados
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 lime
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, add avocados, mango and onion.
2. Squeeze juice from the whole lime throughout the mixture.
3. Mash ingredients together.
4. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Grind sea salt and black pepper into the mixture, adding sparingly and tasting as you go along. Note: you don't need much of either to please tiny tastebuds:-)
5. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 15 minutes-1 hour to let the flavors get nice and cozy with each other.
Copyright 2015, Chow Baby! a delicious division of BambiniWare, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hey Haute Mamas! I'm Riche Holmes Grant, a modern mom + mompreneur who designs smart + stylish products that make your mommy gig easier.
When I'm not busy taking orders from my #miniboss, I'm contributing to MarthaStewart.com or in the kitchen whipping up delicious family-friendly creations in my BambiniWare Apronini.
Get my FREE book on How to Make the Best Food for Your Baby here!
I live in the Washington, DC area with my husband and daughter. Follow our adventures on Instagram via @BambiniWareLife!
- Riche Holmes Grant