BambiniWare's Top 10 Moments of 2015
This time last year, I couldn't have imagined all of the amazing opportunities and adventures that would be waiting for us in 2015. It was so hard to narrow the list down to just 10, but I tried, really hard! So they are--our top 10 moments as the mother/daughter ("toddler boss") duo behind BambiniWare:
1. We kicked off 2015 (literally on the second day of the year) with an epic photo shoot done by the amazing Inbal More. Over the course of two days, we worked with 10 baby/toddler models and 7 mommy models, who are now featured throughout our website.
2. Later in January, I visited the Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia headquarters in NYC for the first time as a partner in the American Made Market. When I arrived, I took another photo of the doors that I told myself I'd walk through just months before in this post. It's amazing how different the world looks when your perspective changes.
3. In March, I wrote my first DIY post ("Natural Easter Egg Colors to Dye For") for MarthaStewart.com. It generated thousands of hits during the Easter season, and is still one of my most popular posts ever. Talk about a confidence booster!
4. In April, I taught my first public cooking demo at the DC Birth and Babies Fair. This also marked the official launch of the Chow Baby division of BambiniWare, which houses my FREE eBook, "How to Make the Best Food for Your Baby," family-friendly gourmet recipes and fabulously fun cooking classes for parents and toddler chefs based on our own adventures in the BambiniWare kitchen.
5. In May, I had the incredible opportunity to ask Arianna Huffington a question as a participant in her Thrive course powered by Oprah.com. Afterwards, I received a personal invitation from Arianna to join the Huffington Post blogger community. I wrote my first post about the CVS clerk I mentioned in the tweet below. You can read the full article here.
6. In June, I gave a keynote address on "How to Go from Idea to Product Launch" at Weekend Start-up School, presented by entrepreneur and TV host, Paul Carrick Brunson.
7. In July, I wrote a post on "How to Make a Dazzling No-Sew Tutu," which I turned into a project with toddler boss. In our research, we stumbled upon a children's book called "Firebird," written by prima ballerina, Misty Copeland. Toddler boss fell in love with the book and with Misty, so I took her to meet Misty at the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History and Culture. It was the first time since she started talking that I witnessed my daughter at a loss for words. Thank you, Misty!
8. In August, BambiniWare was named a finalist in the Style category of the Martha Stewart American Made Awards. We launched a 4-week campaign from mid-September to mid-October and garnered over 7200 votes from fans around the world!
9. In October, I was invited by the media giant, SheKnows.com to film a 30-second pitch for their video series featuring the most incredible female entrepreneurs in the country (my video airs in January 2016). It was the first time that I had my own private make-up artist on set. I could so get used to this!
10. In December, toddler boss and I added a new dimension to the holiday season by making our own (unbreakable) Christmas ornaments and decorations. The highlight of our month-long project was going to see the decorations at the White House, where toddler boss went looking for "Michelle!" Click here to see more photos from our tour.
Many thanks to all of you for your support in 2015. We couldn't have had such a phenomenal year without your support. Just wait until you see what we've got in store for in 2016!
Hey Haute Mamas! I'm Riche Holmes Grant, a modern mom + mompreneur who designs smart + stylish products that make your mommy gig easier.
When I'm not busy taking orders from my toddler boss, I'm contributing to MarthaStewart.com or in the kitchen whipping up delicious baby + toddler gourmet creations in my BambiniWare Apronini.
Get my FREE book on How to Make the Best Food for Your Baby here!
I live in the Washington, DC area with my husband and daughter. Follow our adventures on Instagram via @BambiniWare!
- Riche Holmes Grant