Smart + Stylish Mom Spotlight: Tips for Keeping a Stylish, Child-Friendly Home
Meet 39-year-old Natalie Hasny, a real estate broker and BambiniWare mommy model who lives Washington, DC with her husband, Julio and their children, Mia (4) & Hugo (2).
I met Natalie at BambiniWare’s first epic photo shoot in early 2015 with Inbal More Photography. She and (then-baby) Hugo were so easy to work and such naturals that it was very difficult to select the final photos that you see on our website.
Toddler boss and I will always be so appreciative to Natalie and Hugo for lending their time, talents and gorgeous smiles to helping us promote the BambiniWare brand around the world!
In our interview, I get to earn more about the woman behind the photos and snag her best tips for keeping a stylish and child-friendly home.
Riche: What's your favorite part about being a mom?
Natalie: Making my kids laugh and watching their development – it’s both fascinating and adorable!
Riche: What's the smartest decision you've made since becoming a mom?
Riche: What's your favorite thing to do with your children?
Natalie: Sing and dance.
Riche: What's your favorite thing to do when you have some much-needed alone time?
Natalie: It sounds crazy, but I love working; it’s my escape.
Riche: What’s your mommy style?
Natalie: Simple but classic.
Riche: What's your secret to being a great mom and looking great too?
Natalie: Not to take anyone or anything too seriously. Work out at least twice a week and take care of your skin.
Riche: As a real estate broker, you see lots of beautiful houses, and your own home is stunning as well. Can you offer any tips to moms who want to keep their homes stylish and child-friendly too?
Natalie: Keeping a beautiful home child-friendly doesn’t have to be tough. Here are a few of my favorite mommy hacks:
- Leather sofas/chairs in darker colors are durable and easy to wipe off spills.
- Accept the fact that you have kids and you need to adapt – the top of our glass coffee table is wrapped with cushioned foam and we have foam bumpers on sharp corners. It’s funny, but practical (and only temporary).
- Try to keep things neat on a consistent basis. Don’t let everything pile up or it will seem too big of a task.
- FLOR square carpet tiles are easy – if you stain one, that tile can easily be replaced with a new one.
- Keep toys everywhere in the house, but you can store them in stylish bins that blend in with your decor. The Container Store is your best friend!
- The same goes for diapers and wipes – keep a “diaper box” with wipes in almost every room of the house so you don’t have to hunt them down when you need them!
Hey Haute Mamas! I'm Riche Holmes Grant, a modern mom + mompreneur who designs smart + stylish products that make your mommy gig easier.
When I'm not busy taking orders from my toddler boss, I'm contributing to MarthaStewart.com or in the kitchen whipping up delicious baby + toddler gourmet creations in my BambiniWare Apronini.
Get my FREE book on How to Make the Best Food for Your Baby here!
I live in the Washington, DC area with my husband and daughter. Follow our adventures on Instagram via @BambiniWare!
- Riche Holmes Grant